/*Blog Header*/

Tuesday, February 24

Junior Choice

I was playing some records last Saturday morning when my little girl decided she wanted to pick a record to play next. So she started pulling out albums at random and when she handed me this, saying "I want this one, Daddy!" I had to grab the camera.


I've no idea why she chose that particular one, but having her ask me to play a Roxy Music album was one of my proudest moments as a father so far.

Download: Prairie Rose - Roxy Music (mp3)

Sensing a blog post in the making I let her carry on pulling out records — with no prompting from me, I swear. And I think she showed remarkably good taste for a two year old.


Classic choice this one.

Download: Cue Fanfare - Prefab Sprout (mp3)


I don't think this one has been played in 20 years but it may now have a new life as a kiddie's favourite.

Download: Forgotten - Altered Images (mp3)


OK, some more Roxy Music then. That's my girl.

Download: 2HB - Roxy Music (mp3)

Now I know what to do next time I'm stumped for a post idea.

11 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger Simon said...

Brilliant!

I can't believe I've been reading your blog(s) that long, I can remember when you posted about becoming a dad.

Blimey.

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what good taste, you're doing good as a father. Pinky Blue not played for twenty years? Shame!

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

her reaction (some years from now) to her holding up the Country Life lp should... be priceless!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger dickvandyke said...

Lovely .. just lovely.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger dickvandyke said...

Lovely .. just lovely.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger davyh said...

Random music selection the way it should be!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger whiteray said...

Great, funny . . . and way cool! Thanks for the smile and the sweet -- as always -- tunes.

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely...
BTW, Ihought a lot of you and your blog when I went to see Terence davies' movie "Of Time and the City" on his beloved city of Liverpool.
Cheers

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger londonlee said...

Haven't seen that one but I loved 'Distant Voices, Still Lives' - even though it was profoundly depressing.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger So It Goes said...

What an idea...now I should ask my wife's rabbits (ALL 6 OF THEM) to choose a track from the Festive Fifty (and I've already done Harvey's Rabbit, so Jefferson Airplane is the obvious choice).

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Hallway Of Memories said...

Thae pics are just about the cutest thing I've ever seen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home