/*Blog Header*/

Monday, January 12

Picture Post


Even if I gave you a million tries you'd never guess what was going on in this picture. Believe it or not, the caption with it reads: "Models in bikinis deliver a letter of protest about French nuclear testing to the French Embassy in London, 1973."

I don't think this was some clever reference to the famous nuclear test site of Bikini Island because the French testing was going on elsewhere. No, I think it might simply be a case that in the 1970s if you wanted the newspapers to cover an event you had to involve half-naked dolly birds.

Download: How I Learned To Love The Bomb - Television Personalities (mp3)

4 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger office pest said...

Et voila! 36 years later the ploy still works. Magnifique le boum!
(This is where my 'O' level french morphs into Inspector Clouseau et 'Let's Parler Franglais'). The ladies look familiar to me, especially the blonde. Who they?

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

joli blog meci

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger ally. said...

happy days. my dad spent pretty much his entire career as a photographer on the evening paper in lancashire setting up stuff like this the lucky devil
x

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As it says on the sign, All out against Fall Out. And I thought "one out, everyone out" was about striking...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home