/*Blog Header*/

Wednesday, October 1

All work and no play...


...makes this a dull blog.

It's that time of the month again (no, not that time), I'm up to my tits in work. Though if I spent less time online reading other people's blogs I might get more done. Which makes me wonder how much work I used to get done before the internet was invented, of course everything took a lot longer to do in those days (you had to actually talk to people on the phone and sometimes even go and see them in person) so it probably all comes out the same in the wash.

Download: You Got To Have A Job (If You Don't Work, You Don't Eat) - Marva Whitney (mp3)

4 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger davyh said...

And writing 'memos'. There was a lot of that. And receiving 'memos'. And going to get the post. And trying to use fax machines which always ran out of paper halfway through the fax. And the photocopier always breaking down when you had to do 100 copies of something and 'we'll have to call the engineer'.

Sheesh - pre-PC office work reeked! (Though the actually talking to people bit was OK, I suppose...).

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I do miss people assuming that things took time. And having a bottom that ample was to be expected.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger davyh said...

Quite rightly.

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across this blog. I'm feeling a touch gutted that it (and its previous incarnation) had remained undiscovered by me until now. I have lots of catching up to do.
I grew up at the same time; to the same sounds and TV programmes, across the puddle in Dublin.
This is going to be fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home