/*Blog Header*/

Thursday, May 29

The other one


Despite the blond Agnetha supposedly having the sexiest bum in pop music and being the choice of most blokes as the top Abba totty, I was one of those weird boys who preferred her singing partner, the brunette Frida. It might have been the minority opinion but I just like to think that my taste was a bit more refined than the average chap. Agnetha had the sort of Nordic, dairy-fresh look that made me think she she should be milking a cow or have her smiling face on a pot of yogurt (with clogs and pigtails of course.) Frida, on the other hand, with her dark hair and cheekbones seemed more urban and sophisticated like she enjoyed cigarettes and Jazz. Or not, I'm just making this rubbish up.

Download: Ring Ring - Abba (mp3)

8 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger dickvandyke said...

A long drive from Wiltshire on Mon was eased by a Radio 2 special (which you can prob find online now) hosted by the awfully nice big Abba officianado Tim Rice. It was a couple of hours entitled 'Abba's Top 30' or summat and was loosely based on sales around the world. Lots of inter-chat from the handsome Bjorn and included some album tracks and the odd golden snippet of info. Ring Ring was an important song for them it transpires.

You can probably guess what were the Top 3 singles.

You're just sooo deep Lee. What's wrong with a mighty fine Swedish arse? Frida always looked to me as if she'd lost 10 Kroner and found half a Schilling (or something).

But, now that Agnetha is seemingly as mad as a milking stool herself, then clearly twas you with the foresight - as Dame Frida was clearly the better long-term bet.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Darcy said...

Seems like our tastes coincide on more than just football. It was always Frida for me too.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Girl said...

Wandering in the mall as a teen I was given a copy of Frida's solo LP. I was wide eyed terrified that it was some horrible candid camera scam.

I do believe I still have it tucked away somewhere.

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frida for me too.

The blonde one may have been more attractive, but you always got the feeling Frida would’ve known what she was up to.

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You not alone. I always preferred Frida, too...

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Mondo said...

Agnetha always seemed a bit bored to me - While Frida seemed to crackle with frisky promise

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger dickvandyke said...

Benny AND Bjorn JC?

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you are correct. I have had them both and Frida was the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home