/*Blog Header*/

Friday, April 25

Something for the weekend


I used to have a regular feature on my old blog called "Boogie Friday" and I've been trying to stay away from the soul and dance music end of things here because, well, you know, been there and done that. But the weather has been so lovely this week I'm feeling a spring in my loafers and want to knock the maudlin nostalgia on the head for a day and DANCE.

These are all English records anyway, so I'm still on message. I did post "London Town" on my old blog many moons ago but it's worth a second go.

Download: London Town - Light of The World (mp3)
Download: British Hustle - Hi-Tension (mp3)
Download: The Crunch - Rah Band (mp3)
Download: Intuition - Linx (mp3)

5 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dig out the white socks, and er, thank god it's friday!

"Intuition" is great - whatever came of Linx? "Throw away the key" is another of theirs I remember.

Also: do you happen to have "Hi-Tension" by Hi-Tension?

Their first one - reminds me of Saturday nights at city centre "nite spots" that were always called Cinderellas or Romeo & Juliets and in Coventry - Mr George's!

A good start to the weekend in the UK - thanks, Lee!

Phil

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Simon said...

Ah grand stuff for a Friday! It was your old blog that led me into the great wide music blog world, so this is a bit of nostalgia trip!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger ally. said...

david grant out of linx is on the telly with his mrs carrie a lot. intuition is still top stuff - i'm off to dig out rise and shine
x

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger londonlee said...

Loved that one. I used to have their album but it's hard to get these days.

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Acerockolla said...

Yeah I enjoyed Linx, sadly when i checked the collection on my computer I could not find a single track so I will have to sort that out, because I was sure I had a few hanging around.
As for Hi-Tension my first real Girlfriend was into them and so I had to get on board and here I am so many years later and I still play British Hustle, Hi Tension and occasionally Funky collector, Light of the world will always be Time, and The Rah Band the name rings a bell but i am buggered if I can find a tune in my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home