/*Blog Header*/

Tuesday, March 25

Really Guilty Pleasures


Having already confessed to loving ELO, Queen, Chris Rainbow and Dollar you'd think that I wouldn't be able to drain any more water out of the street credibility pool. But no, in 1977 at the white-hot height of punk rock I bought a 45 of the hippy dippy song "Wondrous Stories" by those wizards of Prog Rock, Yes. Not only that, but unlike with ELO I didn't turn off it once I got hip to punk, the awful truth is I never stopped liking it and would merrily play it alongside The Clash and Joy Division records. I know it's wrong but the damn thing sure is pretty.

Glad I got that off my chest.

Download: Wondrous Stories - Yes (mp3)

6 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger rick mcginnis said...

Heh. I bought the album!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Mick said...

No! No! It's not wrong we don't all just like one thing, do we? I posted Yes once and Jon Anderson is a legend in this house. Ironically, I always thought the instrumental break on Joy Division's 'Atmosphere' sounded a bit prog rock with it's mellotron-like symphonic sweep.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger davyh said...

And Johnny Rotten was a Can fan!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger ally. said...

i'm sending the boys round
x

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Peewit said...

Would that be Rick, Jon, Chris, Steve and Alan for a full rendition of "Awaken" then, Ally?(all 15 minutes and 38 seconds of it)(oops, just given away that I've got the album, too!)

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is still considered a "staple" of Classic Rock on Radio here in Canada. It's almost hypnotic. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home