/*Blog Header*/

Tuesday, January 8

Our Pauline


Been a while since we've had a random Pauline Murray track so here's something off Penetration's much-maligned second album "Coming Up For Air" from 1979.

Download: Shout Above The Noise - Penetration (mp3)

Like every other group of old punk pensioners these days Penetration recently re-formed and have been touring, they've even recorded a couple of new songs ("Guilty" and "The Feeling") which you can hear on their MySpace page. To be honest I don't think the new songs are that brilliant and I'm usually highly dubious about bands trying the recreate the glory days but I must admit this live video of them doing "Don't Dictate" is pretty great. Glad to see Pauline is still looking good after all these years too.

3 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great video, but it doesn't seem right somehow. I saw Penetration in 1979 at Brunel University, I thought they were ok, a bit too 'rocky' for my punk sensibility of the time. I much preferred the solo Pauline Murray & The Invisible Girls in the early '80s. Pauline had, and still has, a great voice. Nice one!

Si

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger ally. said...

is there anyone who's not reformed. don't they have jobs to go to or have they just been planning this for the last thirty years between the odd japanese tour ?

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Fruitier Than Thou said...

I saw PENETRATION a number of times in 1978 & 1979 ... The last time being in Guildford ... Always had a post post post pubescent crush on Pauline. Like Simon I prefer the INVISIBLE GIRLS stuff more ... If you haven't got it, I found an old cassette & loaded up the PAULINE MURRAY Peel Session from 1980 on my blog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home