/*Blog Header*/

Monday, January 28

Lucky Dip


I'm feeling the deadline pressure at work again so no time to finish that long post on the life and work of Gilbert O' Sullivan and how his single "Ooh-Wakka-Doo-Wakka-Day" reminds me of the grief I felt the day my hamster died*

So things are going to be a bit random here for a few days, dipping into my iTunes playlists for songs I like and have meant to post for a while but don't have anything interesting to say about, with pretty pictures that may or may not have something to do with the record.

Download: I Start Counting - Basil Kirchin (mp3)
Buy: "Fuzzy Felt Folk" (album)

*Yes, I'm making that up. But for all you know everything I've ever written here about my past could be a lie too.

5 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger dickvandyke said...

Leeds fan all along ... I knew it!
And they're YOUR records not you mum's, or your sister's.
And you're not 45 - just 27.
It's Filey, not Fulham.
Salsa not Soul.
Mayo - not HP Sauce.
And it's red heads, not brunettes that tickle your fancy.

Not to worry old lad ... even Billy Liar had Julie Christie to comfort him.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger davyh said...

Meester ShahahaHADRACKKKKK!!!!

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Never heard of Basil Kirchin before. Good stuff. Kind of links in with other things you've posted. Reminds me a lot of Virginia Astley for starters. And then there's the fact that Jenny Agutter was in the film this tune comes from.

I think I'll do some more investigation into his work.

Thanks :)

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, a very quick Google brought me this page:

http://vintagelibraryemporium.blogspot.com/2008/01/de-wolfe-music-library.html

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger ally. said...

i don't care if it's all lies lies lies and not a lot of writing if you play stuff like this - what a beauty
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home