/*Blog Header*/

Wednesday, December 5

It's the way he tells them


I went to see Richard Hawley live last night who was very, very fine indeed. He looked as good as he sounded too, like a greaser Hank Marvin and was playing the most gorgeous Gretsch guitar. He also told a very funny joke I thought I should pass on.

I went to the doctor and he told me to stop masturbating.

But why, I said, I love it.

Because I'm trying to examine you, he replied.

Good huh? If the music thing doesn't work out he can always do stand-up. I don't hear that many jokes these days, at school I heard great new ones everyday but boring old adults don't bother as much. Where do jokes come from anyway, who makes them up?

Anyway, in case you can't tell I'm still really busy at work and will be until next week. In the meantime here's a lovely little number from Mr. Hawley, the Roy Orbison of Sheffield (or maybe he's the Bernard Manning of rock and roll).

Download: Can You Hear The Rain, Love? - Richard Hawley (mp3)
Buy: "Late Night Final" (album)

7 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Blogger stevedomino said...

i saw richard hawley a while back and i loved the fact that he has a singing voice that can make you weep, coupled with the between-song banter of a foul mouthed John Shuttleworth - thanks for this!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger davyh said...

He is marvellous and you all should buy everything he's ever done. Now.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger londonlee said...

Best thing was we saw him a tiny place with only about 100 people in the audience. I was standing about 2 feet from him.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's dreamy! But I'm partial to skinny English men of a certain age with good taste in music and jokes. Now if only you could sing. ;0*

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger londonlee said...

Nobody's perfect.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such talk for such a wholesome blog! I'm blushing.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger ally. said...

i didn't come here to put up with filth like this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home